Sonam Wangchen tops Spotify in Bhutanese music
Bhutanese Dzongkha music is gaining popularity in Spotify stores as the size of the Bhutanese diaspora keeps growing and interest access becomes more easily accessible in the country.
According to data Spotify provided to BNN, Sonam Wangchen is at the top of the list with the highest listeners. The top 10 artists from Bhutanese artists in the music apps are:
- SONAM WANGCHEN
- Kinley Wangchuk
- Kelden Lhamo
- DRONA BASNET
- Lungten Wangchuk Karma
- Southern Ace
- Budda Lhendup
K3nbeatz is more popular in Australia followed by India and the USA while Sonam Wangchen’s most followers are in India, the USA, and Australia respectively.
‘Where is it’ by Chogo is the most popular in the chart, released for the first time. Other songs receiving more listeners are:
- Where Is It – Chogo
- Kho Gi Nga Lu – SONAM WANGCHEN, Kelden Lhamo
- HEY BEAUTIFUL – SONAM WANGCHEN, DRONA BASNET
- Choe Lu Ta Dhi – SONAM WANGCHEN
- Choe Mangu Mey – Southern Ace
- Khay Mi – Tshering Yezer
- Shay Gi Chhab – Tshewang Namgyel
- Ya Taru Ma Taru – SONAM WANGCHEN
- Sem Chha Si – Kinley Wangchuk, K3nbeatz
- JAMTSHO PAKHA – PEEW
According to the data, listeners of the Bhutanese music are more included to
Bhutanese Pop, Tibetan Pop and Himalayan Folk genres.